top of page
  • What is the Briarwood Home Owners Association?
    The BHOA is a non-profit corporation whose membership includes all property owners of the Briarwood subdivision. Membership rights and obligations are specified in the restrictive covenants affixed to the deeds of all 406 Briarwood lots, which are recorded with the subdivision plat at the Ingham County Register of Deeds.
  • What does our association do?
    Provides for the preservation of property values and neighborhood aesthetics. Promotes the health, safety and welfare of residents. Maintains and administers the common properties and facilities. Fosters community and communication between neighbors. Provides a collective neighborhood voice.
  • Are there membership dues?
    All Briarwood homeowners are required by the covenants to pay dues. As of 2001, dues of $78.00 are collected annually in January, in a single installment. Late fees begin to apply if not paid by the date of the Annual Meeting. Dues may be increased periodically by a vote of the BHOA membership. Dues are utilized for the following: -Activities and events that promote a sense of community. -Maintenance and improvement of BHOA common properties, including the Recreation Park, Briarwood Pond, Nature Park, subdivision entrances, cul-de-sacs and middle school pathways. -Publication of a neighborhood newsletter, website and directory. -Liability insurance, taxes, professional services.
  • What are restrictive covenants?
    Restrictive covenants are real estate deed restrictions that place limitations on the appearance and use of your subdivision property. Deed restrictions come with the property and can’t be changed or removed by subsequent owners. You should have received a copy of the restrictive covenants from the title company or your realtor when you closed on your home. The covenants impose approval requirements for proposed additions or alterations to the exterior of your property, and address other matters relating to property maintenance and nuisances.
  • How can I become involved with the BHOA?
    The association is governed by a nine-member board of elected volunteers. Three board members are elected by membership ballot annually and each serves a three year term. The board members elect officers and committee chairs.
  • When are annual events set?
    The dates for annual events are set at the first Board meeting after the members meeting in February. Please check the Events page in early April for dates and the list of annual events.
  • How can I prevent crime?
    -Lock your doors and windows. Keep your garage doors closed. -Report unusual or suspicious behavior to the police. -Write down descriptions of people or vehicles. License numbers are important. -Look after your neighbors' homes when they are away. Ask them to look after yours when you are gone. -You can register for personal notification thru It's free.
  • How can I report crime?
    -Call 911 (Meridian Township Police and Fire - Emergency) for crimes in progress including assaults, robberies, gun shots, burglaries, larcenies, fire or explosion, auto accidents involving injury, suspicious persons, a person with weapons, odor of gas or injuries. -Call 332-6526 (Meridian Township Police - Non-Emergency) for property crimes that occurred previously, auto accidents with no injury, abandoned vehicles, loud parties or any incident not life threatening. - Call 853-4800 (Meridian Township Police - Administration) to leave a message for the Community Policing officer assigned to our neighborhood.
  • What is our school district?
    Briarwood is in the Okemos Public School District. See their website for more information:
  • Who do I contact for emergency water and sewer problems?
    Meridian Township Water 517-349-0010
  • Who do I contact for electric and gas problems?
    Consumers Energy 1-800-477-5050
  • Who do I contact about pothole patching, tree removal, or snow removal?"
    Ingham County Road Department 517-676-9722 517-676-7798
bottom of page