top of page

May 2023 Meeting Minutes

BRIARWOOD HOA meeting- May 8, 2023


Kathi Rypkema resigned. All Board members present.


April Minutes approved- Ray motion, Tom second


ANNOUNCEMENTS

Need website photo; send to Monica Fochtman


Pat- Garden dues out via QuickBooks. Over 50% submitted so far. Working well.


Jean- Garden. Thanks, Pat for help with emails and garden invoices.

Fence construction started today, 5/8/23. Thank you, Szidiks & other volunteers, for your help unloading supplies.


Ray- hoping to send out Annual dues invoices via QuickBooks too; cheaper than PayPal fees


COMMITTEE REPORTS

Maintenance- Mike. Full report is in Google Drive.

  • Do we own the cul-de-sacs? Mike will ask at Township who “owns” them & is therefore responsible for maintaining them. Have we been doing it unnecessarily?

  • Tree down in ball diamond in recreation park- East Meadow responsible

  • Mike and Pat have been working on the shed: caulked for bees; painting support beams; needs roof (not imminent).

  • Footpath needs. Mike got multiple quotes.

  • Mike motions to have Sisu fix school cut-thru paths; Ray seconds. Approved unanimously.

  • Need to get quotes re: foot path from Tamarack south to Recreation Park

  • Footpath lighting correction- too bright. Mike is working on getting proposals to mitigate.

Treasurer- Pat

  • In process of moving everything over to QuickBooks.

  • Checking to make sure all addresses are current.

  • $314 of $568 garden dues submitted. Second reminder going out next week.

  • Will send dues second notice to people via QB.

  • $50 township water bill for summer 2022, paid.

  • Checking- $43,180. 07; Savings- $50,593.52.

  • Pat motion; Jean second- expenses $50 and under for maintenance will be re-imbursed; reconcile monthly

  • R & D has sprayed once; we get 10% if we pre-pay for future applications. Pat motions, Ray seconds- Approved unanimously.


ACCE Committee

Requests for Shed & Fence; will be decided in committee

Camper in driveway letter, ACCE committee members will rotate responsibility for sending out letters


Welcoming

Jean. No report.



Future agenda items

  • Playground proposal

    • Will be discussed at future meeting. Need to get handle on finances first.

    • Should we survey residents: do you support replacing play structure in Recreation Park?

  • Conversation on raising dues in future


Motion to adjourn- Ray. Jean seconded. 8:33pm.


Next mtg. June 13


Submitted by Monica Fochtman

6/12/2023


Recent Posts

See All

January 2024 Meeting Minutes

1. Call to Order Ray called to order at 7:10 PM. Ray, Tom, Jean, and Pat were online at 7:00, but we needed quorum to “officially” start. Quick discussion prior to the start of the meeting on requirem

November 2023 Meeting Minutes

1. Call to Order Ray called to order at 7:03 PM. Pat agreed to take minutes tonight. 2. Roll Call Five present (quorum met) Ray (President) Tom (Vice President) Jean Mike Pat (Treasurer) Two absent Kr

bottom of page